G20 YEA Australia is looking for 25 of Australia’s best and brightest to represent our country at this year’s 2017 G20 Young Entrepreneurs Alliance Summit in Berlin, Germany from June 15-17.
The G20 YEA Summit is an unforgettable international experience. Over four action-packed days, including one day of optional pre-summit activities, 25 delegates from across Australia will participate in a variety of business-building, policy-making and networking activities alongside 500+ young entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial leaders from across the G20 countries.
The Summit, themed Digitalization, will feature:
- High-profile keynote speakers
- Breakout sessions, panel discussions and focus groups
- Innovative report launches with Accenture and EY
- Networking opportunities and receptions
Optional pre-Summit activity organized by G20 YEA Australia may include:
- Incubator, accelerator and tech-park visits
- Meetings at the Australian Embassy with the trade commissioner service
- B2B meetings with Australian businesses, entrepreneurs and investors
Become an Entrepreneurial Leader and Ambassador
Your role as a G20 YEA delegate goes beyond the Summit. As a G20 YEA delegate, you will become part of a cross-Australia network of champions for youth entrepreneurship representing the interests of young entrepreneurs, advising on issues of importance, and sharing challenges and proposing solutions. This includes the opportunity to engage with stakeholders and media, and to participate in government relations efforts to advance the G20 YEA recommendations.
- Act as a champion for youth entrepreneurship both within Australia and abroad
- Represent the interests of young entrepreneurs
- Engage with various stakeholders and media on a local level to discuss issues identified by the G20 YEA and to share findings from related reports
- Participate in the group conference call prior to the summit
- Participate in post summit reporting activities
- 18-39 years old
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Business owner, co-founder and/or majority shareholder of an Australian business that has been in operation for at least 2 years* or a leader in the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Able to communicate in English
- Familiar with the challenges facing young entrepreneurs
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and a strong interest in entrepreneurship policy
- Able to cover all costs associated with participating as a delegate**
- Has not attended all three of the most recent G20 YEA Summits (Beijing 2016, Istanbul 2015 and Sydney 2014)
Please note that only 1 person may apply per company/organization.
*Exceptions may be made for businesses that have been operating for less than 2 years where the applicant can demonstrate significant business growth (preferably global).
**Delegates are responsible for booking their own trip incl flights, hotel and summit registration fee, etc. A $200 AUD non-refundable fee payable to G20 YEA Australia is required to confirm a spot on the Australian delegation. This fee will be used towards costs related to delegation coordination, training and activities in Berlin.
Applications will close on March 15th and applicants will be notified of their status by March 30th, 2017.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org